Friday, September 21, 2012

Words for Jane

Exhibited in Victoria in 2012, this piece was made from the same 2d piece as these.
This book is now in Tristan Landers' collection.
I made a double concertina.
Found a box (mobile phone? watch?) 
The velvet ribbon serves to get the piece easily in and out of the box.

added a few buttons. Sewed a few bits.
Sewed on some pockets.
Filled them with some good words. To find the good words I browse magazines and cut out words (like here "favourite songs) that I liked. 





This particular button I bought to refresh the buttons on my scarlet overcoat which I wore for nearly 20 years. 








This giant button used to be on a big red coat I bought for work. 



Discovery and Visionary




special, delicious fresh new


inspiring






Discover, Rebel.






No comments: